Thursday 18 April 2013

Get set...Okay, I'm Not Prepared..



What happens if you thought that you were prepared of doing or having something then you had it but finally found out that you are actually unprepared? Well, this usually happens in relationships, choice of careers etc. Definitely…things would get messed up and yes you’re going to have problems ahead. Trust me. I experienced it all. Well, okay i’m not going to exaggerate here, I experienced it once or perhaps twice before and seriously it was not a good experience. Like the time when I actually thought that I was prepared for having a relationship but the truth was deep within, I was not prepared (still am now). It all started when I saw my friends having relationships with the opposite sex and I began to think: “Perhaps I should try dating…Friends were doing it and maybe I should go for it too…”
                                       Tetttttttttttt…. bad idea.
Well, it was a bad experience and now I have to tell others I went through a bad date once and I don’t like it…Perhaps this was why you should never do the things someone told you not to. But look at the positive side, at least I have the experience now. I know it’s a bad one but people grow and learn from their mistakes. Guess I’ll just have to accept things the way they are. 
Now, I do things based on past experiences, lots of thinking and well yes I have to admit sometimes intuitions work well. Prayers and lots of faith help me in making wise decisions in terms of career, life and relationships too. I know I am the type of person who has trouble in making decisions and I enjoy making choices spontaneously. A guy friend of mine once told me that being spontaneous is good. I’m not sure he is completely right though. There are things where you can make spontaneous decisions but there are some that need thorough thinking and advises or consultations from the elders.  By the way, the word ‘elders’ refers to parents or any family members, counselors and maybe even your psychiatrist. 
Anyway…where was I? Oh yeah… the thing about being spontaneous. So, like I said earlier, spontaneous can be good and bad at the same time. Besides, it’s not that you’re catching a train or a flight right? It’s your future…The choices you made affects your life, happiness and yes, safety too. Do not rush into things like how I did with my ex once. It ended terribly for me. I had my bad days but life must go on. I’m still not prepared in having any emotional connections with the opposite sex yet. At least not for now. My first priority is to achieve my ambition and maybe later I will think about having a serious relationship and well who knows…I might even want to have my own family too. 
One last thing…the number 24 is such a small number for me that it actually reminds me of how I usually say “They got married in such a young age…What a pity…” during friends’ weddings. But then my mum would interrupt me saying ” I got married at the age of 24…” 
And that actually shuts me up…hahaha…

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by. And that   has made all the difference.”

-Robert Frost-    


No comments:

Post a Comment